TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
La45
How many hours are on your machine at this point? At over 200 hrs.,mine too, is really a beautiful thing to behold.
84audio-

There has not been an 8260 sent in to TRL yet, but it certainly might hold promise simply based upon the same DACs, and the general Marantz design concept as similar to the SA14.
It was a Class A unit in S-fool FWIW.

My hunch is it might be quite good.
Oldpet-

Well, I found a nice deal on a SA14v1 myself and it is on it's way next week to TRL.
Keep us posted.
Sorry I'm Butt'in here.... La45, I too have a new Sony 2000 from TRL. I have about 60 hrs on mine. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with low output. I have 3 other CDPs and a tuner that have much greater volume potential than the TRL Sony.I've talked to Paul about this possible problem. He thinks some manufactures output voltage is greater than 2v. This makes them sound more dynamic. With the Trl Sony running I can run my Parasound 1500A at full Volume without clipping. With any other source about 50-60% and my Amp clips. Besides this "maybe" problem...I've never heard a better CDP than the TRL Sony 2000! I been running it non stop since 3:00 p.m. Tues. It just gets more and more transparent,smooth and detailed every hour! I'm just hopeing it gets more dynamic...again, sorry to butt-in
Lkdog - :-)
You won't be sorry! It is the most dynamic machine I've heard. The way sound seems to leap out, with such a sense of ease, is really fun! When will you be getting it back? Mine has been spining a disc for 10 days now. I love to go in for a listen - it's enchanting.

pt