Anyway to use the DAC in an integrated cd player with an outboard transport?

I know it's usually the other way around; many cd players have inputs to allow an outboard DAC to be used with the cd player's transport but I have a great player in the Raysonic 228 and the shop said the transport is fine but the cdp sometimes won't play a disc to the end so what to do?  Also had a Consonance Droplet 5.0 that I was very fond of and replaced the optics only to have it develop issues with skipping ahead (it would hang up if you skipped ahead a few tracks or more).   Anyone know a way to make this happen---using the DAC in the cdp?
lcherepkai
So, if the player has an input for use with an outboard DAC, then the onboard DAC can be used with another transport?  Is that what you're saying?  And if yes, how?  Thanks
If the player has a digital input, purchase a stand-alone transport like the Cambridge CXC and a digital cable - plug the output of the transport to the digital input of the CD player and it should work. That’s it. BTW, CXC transports are available on Ebay from the manufacturer for $350 or so. I have one and it’s fine for the money. People also seem to like the Audiolab transport for about $550. As far as the digital cable goes, I would say just pick up something from Audioquest for $50-$100 and you’ll be fine. And you do need a digital cable, not a regular interconnect, so I’m told. You do have a choice between coaxial and toslink though. I use the coax, but opinions may differ. 
I've also had good experiences with two CXC units...everything I read says the V1 and V2 are sonically identical
Won’t play a disc to the end sounds to me like it certainly could be a problem with the transport, not with the DAC section of the unit. Are you sure of the diagnosis?
I think perhaps you made a wrong turn.

This is not the digital forum you seek..............