How to properly set up a turntable

I am new to vinyl. Just got a Woodsong Garrard 301. Installed the Myajima Shalabi. Set the tracking weight and am listening with great pleasure. I know there is more to the set up procedure. I actually have a SmartTractor and know there are YouTubes but feel ignorant and insecure. What do I need to do. When all properly set up will I notice a change?
mglik
Thanks for all the help.
Will check YouTube, but I am going to first try to set the HTA. Think that is getting the arm (Ortophon 309) parallel. That is way off. Can I eyeball that for a start. Don’t understand the methods for exactly adjusting it. I will try to use the SmartTractor although I don’t really know what it is for!Believe the loading of the phono stage is set ok. Before I got my Audible Illusions back with the John Curl gold phono board I asked Art about my cartridge matching. He said it would be good.
The table itself is level.
Regarding professional set up, this will not be possible for several or many months-better safe than sorry. I do know a store that does it for $600! That motivates me to learn it myself. And I believe there will be satisfaction of “mission accomplished”. Had thought of buying a Zesto Andros 1.2 beautiful tube phono. I am a SET guy and heard the Zesto at RMAF. Man, that was the best sound at the show.
I can never forget that phono stage. But I think the John Curl in my AI is good and $5K++ with a good additional IC is a lot. But that may be the biggest improvement of all?

Just set the HTA. Of concern is that I had to put the arm all the way down. Eyeball, it looks very close to parallel but if I could put it dow more I would. But the piano is now exactly in the center and the speakers completely disappeared. And this is a very old recording but it is much more enjoyable! Before this, I would want to take this recording off. Now I love it. Hey, thanks you guys!
I hope I didn’t damage the cartridge by the bad HTA? Also thinking more highly of the Curl phono board.
mglik
Will check YouTube, but I am going to first try to set the HTA. Think that is getting the arm (Ortophon 309) parallel.
Changing the height of the pickup arm adjusts VTA, not HTA.
HTA = horizontal tracking angle!  I've been in this hobby a long time but don't remember seeing this before.  Is it the same thing as azimuth?

mglik, a tip for setting your tonearm parallel to the LP surface.  That is assuming your arm has a cylindrical arm tube and not tapered.  If you are careful, lower the stylus onto a stationary LP about midway across the record.  Then with a 3x5 card with printed lines, place that behind the arm, as close to vertical as possible.  Lean down at eye level and you should see how close to parallel the top of the arm tube is to the next highest line on the card.  Remove the card and raise the arm, then adjust height as necessary.  Repeat visual check.  Just be very careful when placing the card behind the arm not to bump the arm, you could damage the cantilever or at the very least scratch the record (to be sure, use one you don't care about).