Reimyo DAP 777 - looking for a good transport

I bought a used Reimyo DAP 777 and I'm amazed. Some months ago I was lucky to have lived with the one box CDP 777 for a few days - which I cannot afford. The CDP sounds even more natural and organic, but the DAC offers tremendous value as you manage to get a good fraction of the one box player performance for a lot less money ...

I'm using it with my 508.24 Meridian cd player while I don't get a dedicated transport.

Which transports shoud I consider? CEC? Audio Note? What about the old Wadia's or Teac? I have also the chance of getting a Procee CDD ...

Any insights are warmly welcome :o)

Vermeer
128x128vermeer
Vermeer, I do indeed see your point. I have always wondered why the DAP is so cheap. Certainly you cannot say that about any other Reimyo gear, not that I am suggesting that the CDP, the preamp, or my amp are overpriced considering what you get. I am struggling to find out how I can afford the CDP. I have the Exemplar 3910 and doubt if the DAP can rival it, but I know the CDP can.
Tpg, I own the Reimyo CDP and have auditioned the DAP and to my ears you get 70% of the CDP it is that good. Never had the oppurtunity to give the Exempler 3910 a listen but 70% of the Reimyo CDP is not bad for a third of the price of the CDP.
Faziod, I agree about the price, but I do not lust after the DAP. I have had the dCS and the EMM and am happy to just have my Exemplar 3910, but I still lust after the CDP777.
I think the main benefit of CDP777 sound difference to the DAP777 is thanks to transport section (including some tweaks
about AC noise filters)of CDP777. You can do some tests on JVC
XRCD discs 20 bit and 24 bit recorded and you can not hear
certain differencies between them due 20 or 24 bit chip used
at the recording process.
Vermeer, I could not listen Audionet ART V1 so I can not comment about it but Art V2 is a really good partner with
DAP 777. If you read a review about CDP777 in www.combak.net
reviewer was own ART V2 and DAP 777 combo raving this combo
and write his review about CDP777 but never compare it with
his existing combo?!!...
I have same guess with you about Denon transport it should be a good partner but how much its cost?
Audio Net transports would be nice match too.
Last weekend I tested Pioneer universal feeding DAP 777 but
no chance my ART V2 is in another level now I am just trying
to replace my AC splitter for my front end with a better one
hoping to add a tad crispness to my sound which is only my small caveat.
Analogkid I believe your Teac P 10 is great partner with DAP777 but I wonder how much its price ?
I think if the total price of transport,dac,two powercords,
one digital cable comes to near or higher than CDP777
why we struggle with such a matching trouble?
Best regards