MOST BIZARRE PROBLEM - CALLING OUT TURNTABLE DIYERS

I decided to unox and out together my Amazon Model One today and somehow, believe it or not I managed to mis-place/ lose part of the bearing (it's not even the ceramic ball - which is easy to lose) - in fact it is the inverted housing that fits in the platter.

The platter is 50mm think and I think is common to the Amazon Model One and Scheu analogue.

I was wondering if any of you know the details of the oem manufacturer, or where i can get this - better still how much is it going to cost me.

Yours (feeling pretty stupid) Lohanimal
lohanimal
Well if you can't track it down you can always have one made. Its not that complicated. They are usually something like this https://teresaudio.com/project/index.html That's the one I have. I would still try and track down the part. But you could probably find a machinist to make one. They are super simple to make. Usually one part is stainless, the other brass, with a ball bearing and thrust plate being the one contact point of rotation. I took mine around to some machine shops years ago asking what it would take to make one better. They were all pretty interested and it taught me a lot about machining, tolerances, etc. So keep that as a backup plan in case you aren't able to track one down.