Best Cd Player under $100,000

opinions are appreciated. new or used, looking for a cd player that won't break the bank (unless you're not a multi, multi millionaire)
readster
Jolida JD-100A and $99,000. worth of music, unless you could stretch your budget another $900., then i'd consider the Lirpa Labs CD-LSD25 transport and triple dacs.$100,900.00 list price including the recommended Recoton unshielded one into three digital cable w/ cubik zerkonian plated spade connectors and Lirpa's own custom 4.5meter ics with solid unobtanium 3/4" phone plugs w/ 3/4" phone to 1/8" phone adaptor boxes, usually never discounted. Thanks for your time, and pass the dutchee on the left hand side. Regards, Dubya
Trelja...

My player has started to have reading problems on discs that are less than perfect...but I'm sure that if you are looking at such a marvelous player...your discs are probably all in absolute Mint+++ condition.

However...due to stric Agon Ratings guidelines I feel that the rating has dropped from a 8-9/10 to more like a 5-6/10...I really don't feel comfortable accepting your 50K offer...and due to the fact that you didn't nickle and dime my price...as I'm sure you were well aware that it was worth every penny...and furthermore...you even were gracious enough to offer to split shipping.

But...I am an honorable Agoner and feel that I would rather have the price reflect the new rating and not risk negative feedback over a purchase of this magnitude.

I am willing to reduce the price by another 40% that would leave us at $30,000. I feel that is a fair offer as you should be able to bring the unit back to the 8-9/10 rating for substantially less than the money you are now saving.

With regards to the shipping, I am willing to split the base cost of shipping but insist that you cover the level of insurance that you require to make sure that this beauty will end up on your doorstep in the above described 5-6/10 rating. I feel this is fair due to the rock bottom price that you're picking this baby up for.

I will quintuple box before crating and palleting it if for a small additional charge and would prefer to use a reputable shipping company in oreder to protect this holy grail of players. The five boxes that I will be utilizing are not factory boxes as I feel that they cut their biggest corners in their packaging. The boxes I plan on using will be 1/8" welded stainless steel with memory foam inserts between each box as they get progressively smaller ultimately revealing the prize at the end. The boxes will be beautiful so each one will be like a present within a present. I know that the shipping/packing charges will be a little higher than usual...but don't worry...I said I'll split it with you...and I think I can get by renting a welding torch for the box construction for a week or so and save a few bucks over having to buy one.

Could you advance me the $30,000 first so that I may start the construction of the boxes...We'll figure out the final costs when I'm done.

Thanks for your interest in my player...you will not be disappointed

Sincerely

Ellery
Trelja, Ellerys offer sounds more than fair, especially if we are are talking about the 1.13 version which most posters agree is much better than the later 1.14 version, and it's a breath mint! The only thing i can't go along with is the use of 1/8" stainless steal with.........uh..........oh yeah , memory foam inserts. After extensive testing, i've found that 1/4" brass has a lot less resonance and sounds more relaxed as it is humming down the road in thoses brown vans, and most poster agree that the 113Version is very sensitive to mood changes and will work at it's best when happy, in fact i'm doing some testing in a brown van at the moment, isn't technology amazing, i've modified my Royal typewriter to connect wirelessly to the internet.............hey, don't bogart that.........uh......, sorry what were we talk....oh yeah, i know nothing about welding stainless steal(why do they call it stainless steal?, i've spilling some bordeaux wine while testing and the stains it made were almost impossible to get out, i had to use WD-41 with stainless steal wool to remove them) or brass but could have the boxes made professionally here by the experts at the local fabricating shop, a place called Home Depot, so just send the $30,000. directly to me, i'll have the work done and forward the boxes to Elery with the balance of the money as long as Elery agrees to cover 1/2 of the shipping charges. In true AG spirit, my consultation/reasearch is a gift to you, and if you could send me a blank check made out to my fabricator, his name is Cash, i'll take care of all the paperwork as well. Hope to hear from you soon, Alan
As I sit here listening to my Denon CD Receiver UD-M31 at work I cant help but wonder what a 100,000.00 CDP would do for my cubie. What would my pod mates think. Cool the sound is ever so involving the mids, highs and bass are so much more detailed. But will there be system synergy. Will Monster IC's bring out every thing my new CDP has to offer, as I need to be cost concus incase some one steals my IC's.

Michael
Is this tread still around?? :)

I figure if IC's can top out at about 15K a meter,and headphone systems can hit 8K..given that some speaker systems can top 125K..I suppose a cd player could push 100K...but I like my Jolida 100!! :) it only sounds expensive!