MSB vs dCS Bartok

Thinking about the MSB Premier vs dCS Bartok in a active ATC speaker rig.

I want to consolidate my system down from a Naim NDS/252 front end. 
So as a one box DAC/streamer/preamp. which should be better ?

rfc
@georgehifi
Sound maybe like bit stripping to me, how much higher than 106 can your MSB go?
 It can't, 106 is the highest number on the volume level.

From experience with digital domain VC’s below 75 and the bit stripping starts lower the worse it gets. It sounds like less resolution and dynamic drive are what I hear effected, "almost" a compression.

Cheers George
Using a Naim audio HDX 2TB server as a source and currently have ATC active (SCM40A) although about to go with the ATCSCM50ASL real soon.

I have placed an order for the second MSB Discrete PSU, it’s a no brainer TBH on how good it’s made the Premier DAC. If the MSB Renderer Module is equally good an upgrade, that will be next.
hi, albeit belatedly let me share my experience.

I have moved from a NAIM streamer (NDX +XPS5 power supply) to MSB (first Discreet and now a "full" Premier with PowerBase + Fempto clock, -these were optional when i got it but apparently now are standard-).

Although I do expect the 2nd power base to make a difference I honestly think there exists a house sound signature between the two brands, with NAIM pushing the dynamics/PRAT attributes whilst MSB sounding (to my hours) much more "finessed" (no lack of detail, no lack of dynamics but at the same time no forceful push of the dynamics envelope either)

That being said and FWIW: I have recently experimented with direct vs going via a preamp and unless you pair with MSB's own power amp (which has a low impedance option matching the one of the MSB DAC) a preamp definitely increases the dynamics and liveness of the sound

MSB is interconnect sensitive and impedance sensitive. Look to your amp and pre amp. Make sure you run the MSB as a preamp in any troubleshooting before you cast final judgement on the sound of the dac.