Fleetwood Mac

Saw an interview the other day on CNN with Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Lindsay Buckingham, and Christine McVie. Apparently they're getting back together for a tour (someone ran out of money?). The CNN crawl read "the original Fleetwood Mac back together. Seems they don't remember there was Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, and John McVie. How quickly they forget. I suppose there's a generation who only knows the "Rumours" era Mac. To me there were 3 Macs-the Green and Kirwan Mac, the Bob Welch Mac, and the group mentioned above.
mrmitch
Martykl, I stand corrected, it was Peter Banks from Yes that I was thinking of.
The real Fleetwood Mac is Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. They have played with a lot of people since Peter Green etc. Kind of like Lynard Skynard or even the Allman Bros, who have both had a couple/three mainstays and numerous other memebers. Obviously the music has changed more with Mac.
"Doesn't remember John McVie". I think he was a founding member wasn't he?

"Future Games". I've been searching out a nice copy and found it! A great lp!

I'm one who was born too late to remember the early years, but I've tried to catch up. I recently purchased the Speakers Corner "The Pious Bird Of Good Omen", I presume this is somewhat a culling of their best songs from earlier lps. What a great lp!

I've been a fan of the Kirwan & Welch years also. I believe I like the early years more than the later in spite of all of the "hits" produced in the later years. I always thought Mick Fleetwood was an excellent drummer, I'm becoming more aware that Peter Green was a "God" regarding his interpretation of the blues/rock scene.
Slaw,

Per my post above, Bob Brunning played bass on FM's first few gigs because John McVie was reluctant to leave his steady gig with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, notwithstanding the fact that Green and Fleetwood were bolting from Mayall to start their new band. I believe that one of those early shows made it to a live album, so J McVie isn't really a founding member. OTOH, he did join within a few months and has been there without fail for the 45+ years that followed, so - yeah - he's definitely a long timer.
John McVie is the Mac in Fleetwood Mac. Band name given by Peter Green. Apologies if someone else already posted this.