Basis 1400 with Rega arm need new cartridge.

Hello all, 

I have had my Basis and Benz Micro cartridge for over 15 years.  My vinyl still sounds good, but I'm thinking my cartridge is getting a little long in the tooth and it maybe time to look for its replacement.  The arm is a Rega 900.  Anyone out there with a similar setup that could offer suggestions?  I would like to spend in the $1000-1500 dollar range.  Phono preamp is Rockford Fosgate Signature V2.  Thanks in advance for any replies.  
jrun
My first table was a Basis, with a Benz Micro Glider on the Graham 2.2 into ARC PH3SE. Then came a Benz Ruby H on the same rig. A very nice and totally worthwhile improvement that retained everything I liked and improved rather than changed. Greater extension, clarity, dynamics, across the board. Anything within the Benz family within your budget will make you very happy indeed. 

Next and currently, the Koetsu Black Goldline is at full retail way too much but you might find one like I did for pretty close to $1500. Yes that was new. Yes genuine. The deals are there to be had if you are patient and diligent. Well worth it too as the Koetsu is at least as much above the Ruby as the Ruby above the Glider.

All these are about the same medium output so no problems with the phono stage.
I had a 1400 w Rega arm, AJ tuned and rewired on a Ginko base. Tried 4-5 carts Over my time w table: Grado Sonata II, Glider H, glider Rosewood and then Lyra Delos. I still have a Delos - fantastically neutral. They are $1,850 maybe less.

iF you don’t have the table on an isolation base the $ on cartridge upgrades is mostly wasted - the Ginko was acceptable until I got a HRS base - wow ! About $1,200
then get your Glider rebuilt by Soundsmith- I had that done eventually with both Benz I mentioned above.

enjoy the music, May the genius AJ Rest In Peace!!!

jim
Thanks guys.  I have really enjoyed my Benz Micro.  Looking forward to trying something new.