Amp for Martin Logan Motion 60XT

I seemed to be digging into a dark hole about recommended speaker wattage. I’m not sure how much amplification I should strive for to power the Motion 60XT’s. ML recommends 40-400watts for these. Is that in 4ohms? If I got an amp that could do 700watts in 4ohms would I damage the speakers? I am interested in either Hypex or Purifi amp. Not sure between NC400, NC500, NC1200, or Purifi. Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Chobes
chobes11
Keep your amps!

Just watch your vol knob!

as mentioned I have speakers rated at 250W peak, and amps at 650-700W @ 8Ohm.

no worries, you NEED the headroom,for crescendos, and ending power chords, and everyt(ing else.

150W is underpowered!

Keep the power.
Years back I used pro carvin amps dcm-2500 bridged and hooked me up to Altec Lansing  M-510’s, 2500 W to them, amazing depth, clarity, airyness, and never an issue!

onky issue was u reliable amps.

Since then always  used a minimum of 300-350WPC RMS INTO anymapeaker.

power is your friend!

there's a mcintosh dealer here in whittier california that's been in business since the late 50's. at their store they have martin logan speakers powered by mcintosh amplifiers!
Stay away class (D)ull
by all means, those speakers are amazing, and need some power, to sound their best.

What amps are you using that have 700W p/ch”?
whta is your current rack?

Spinner, amps, preamp, etc......

if u have a killer set of monos, or a great stereo amp, do NOT, lose them.

use them!!
Stay away class (D)ull
by all means, those speakers are amazing, and need some power, to sound their best.

What amps are you using that have 700W p/ch”?
whta is your current rack?

Spinner, amps, preamp, etc......

if u have a killer set of monos, or a great stereo amp, do NOT, lose them.

use them!!