CAN WE AUDIOPHILES DO OUR PART?

So we're all tired of hearing about nothing but Covid-19 (or, as I term it, the C-Plague). What can we do, as audiophiles, to help with all this.
I was amazed, and delighted, when I went to the Cardas website to see that they are doing their part. Go to their website and you'll see their director, Angela Cardas, wearing a mask. If you click on the Cardas Nautilus logo in the upper left corner, you'll see pictures of people there in the factory making masks with sewing machines. I called the company to congratulate them, and spoke with a woman named Darla, who said it was their way, during this economic slump, to keep their employees working and also their way of trying to "do our part."
I'm not writing all this to advertise Cardas products. They are a very good company, but trust your ears, not anything I write, when it comes to buying their products. They do get credit, however, for helping me come to a realization that pushed me in the right direction. I called a woman I am friends with, who is 85 years old and is a good seamstress, to suggest she start making masks. She already was--and is. By phone she has organized several other women to do the same, and right now they are needing more material and elastic. I managed to gather about 50 pounds of material and am starting to gather elastic while also getting more material. But I don't sew. I can't help out with that. Any ideas as to what we--all of us who are good with our ears and focused with our budgets--can do to help out in other ways?

I realize this is an odd topic to bring to an audio forum, but it was a very socially responsible audio company that got me to thinking about it, and frankly I believe I should be socially responsible enough to do what I can to get other people to thinking about it. While also being open to other people's ideas about ways someone like me who is "just an audiophile" can help.

Thank you, in advance, for any and all ideas on this.

baumli
Conspiracy paranoia is rampant in the U.S.A.. Is it in other countries as well? Attributing motive to those you disagree with is risky business. How many here have been tested, even once? Everyone in The White House gets tested every single day. If the threat/risk is overstated, why? Many carriers never knew they were infected, yet could have passed the virus on to others.
My 20 year old son told me that "WHO" now stands for Wuhan Health Organisation. 

On both side of the aisle we are seeing the inevitable attempt to benefit from the latest crisis. 

Some people actually think they have a constitutional right to infect others.  Thank goodness for thinking and caring people like Snarbut.

If you are going to compare mortality rates, compare them to similar countries.  Sweden is at 12.4% and every country that borders Sweden in under 5%.  Draw your own conclusion.
The 62,000 is an estimate. That is NOT the number listed as Flu on the death certificate. The CDC does look at peumonia deaths above the typical average and does attribute them to flu when making their estimates for deaths. The country is in lock down and that 62,000 number was blown through in not much more than a month. Not being properly informed is not your friend.

One thing is consistent between the 1918 flu in this one .... people's behaviors, good and bad.  That does not mean all lock down measures make sense. Some of them really do not, protest those, but overall, this is not just some seasonal flu.

While flu deaths in children are reported to CDC, flu deaths in adults are not nationally notifiable. In order to monitor influenza related deaths in all age groups, CDC tracks pneumonia and influenza (P&I)-attributed deaths through the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Mortality Reporting System. This system tracks the proportion of death certificates processed that list pneumonia or influenza as the underlying or contributing cause of death. This system provides an overall indication of whether flu-associated deaths are elevated, but does not provide an exact number of how many people died from flu.

2017-8 flu season 62,000 died and 25,000,000 were hospitalized. Now one of the results of flu in elderly is of course pneumonia and when they die of pneumonia that is how it was listed. With this wuhan crap they take anything even remotely exacerbated by wuhan and claim it to be a wuhan death. Never do they say it is from people with other serious life ending on their own problems in combination with wuhan with an average age of 75.

The difference in mortality rates between Sweden and adjoining countries can be explained by “irregularities“ or differences in reporting. Criteria and protocols vary widely among countries and in the US among states. Most countries in the top ten have mortality rates comparable to Sweden. Case closed. At least Sweden seems to be transparent in acknowledging their problem.