Snell E type ll crossover rebuild thoughts

I have an original set that I like very much. But am I missing something? They are getting old. I have rebuilt quite a few crossovers (cap replacement). Changing values, circuitry is above my skill level.
I hesitate to go the typical film route.

Has anyone performed this with success? Your advice, thoughts, cautions are as always, appreciated. 
128x128pkvintage
If the E's are working and sounding fine, leave them alone! The x-overs were built with premium parts. I have a pair of the first generation E's that I rescued from a GoodWill. They had rotted surrounds. Paid $18 + sales tax for the pair. Took out the woofers to replace with new SEAS woofers with rubber surrounds. Had a look at the x-overs. Beautiful work! So leave them alone! 
For your knowledge the E's and other Snells used SEAS woofers and other drivers. So replacements are still available today!
Good to know. Thanks. Nice find to. I picked up mine last year for $500cdn. Delivered. I was happy when they arrived in mint condition. I hooked them up and went Wow!  They sent the An K spe's to the second line. Not by much though. That rear tweeter made the difference. 
The x-overs were built with premium parts. 

And a lot of electrolytics which are now aging.

If it were me, I'd absolutely replace them with modern film or new bi-polars, but as I mentioned above, doing so can be tricky.

Hi pkvintage,
I have Snell E II’s and sent you a PM. Erik gave me guidance when I tackled the crossover. I would follow his advice and replace the capacitor bundle (should be 5.6uf) in series with the tweeter with a good quality film cap (Clarity CSA or CMR and Erik would probably recommend adding a .01uf Audyn True Copper bypass).  Without test equipment I would just replace the old NPE’s with new NPE’s and swap out the sandcast resistors with Mills.