How many people here generally buy used?

Just curious. Most of my equipment I purchased new. My Firstwatt J2 was a demo that I swear was new. Outside of a DAC where latest tech may be desired, buying used (if a fair price) seems to be a great way to purchase something you normally would not be able to afford. Of course, condition, care of component etc needs to be taken into consideration

Thoughts?
aberyclark
I used a number of factors to determine if I purchase used or new, including: 

How good is the deal?  If used is 5% under new, I'll just go new.  If I can save 30-40% used I'll go for it.

How often does the product pop up on the used market?  If it takes a long time, I usually loose patience and buy new.

Does it have a lot of moving parts?  E.g. a complete turntable vs an amplifier.  If there are lots of bits that can break I will lean towards a seller with a decent reputation.

What is the state of the technology?  If it's a class A or AB amp vs a class D. I'd go used for the A/AB and new for D because that tech is still evolving.  DACs are a similar example.

Mark

Mostly used about 80% except for tonearms and cartridges those I always buy new.
"How many people here generally buy used?"

Only two items were purchased new. Oddly both of them preamplifiers. A Yamaha CX-2 and recently a BHK. 21 years apart in time. Maybe that provides enough time for one new purchase?
TT, phono preamp, speaker cables, interconnects, power cords all new. Amp, CD transport, DAC, receiver, speakers, subwoofers all used. Why? Don't know. That is how it played out. It was time to make a move and that is where I ended up. Could have played out different if the circumstances at that time dictated otherwise.  So I guess 50-50 but not wed to that model. Very easily could have been 75-25 or 25-75.  Just depends on timing.