How many people here generally buy used?

Just curious. Most of my equipment I purchased new. My Firstwatt J2 was a demo that I swear was new. Outside of a DAC where latest tech may be desired, buying used (if a fair price) seems to be a great way to purchase something you normally would not be able to afford. Of course, condition, care of component etc needs to be taken into consideration

Thoughts?
aberyclark
Never have purchased a new piece of audio gear, or vehicle, and very little furniture. 
I dream of how the ballers live!
When I was young and over seas in the Air Force I got everything new and with a significantly lower income.  
I used a number of factors to determine if I purchase used or new, including: 

How good is the deal?  If used is 5% under new, I'll just go new.  If I can save 30-40% used I'll go for it.

How often does the product pop up on the used market?  If it takes a long time, I usually loose patience and buy new.

Does it have a lot of moving parts?  E.g. a complete turntable vs an amplifier.  If there are lots of bits that can break I will lean towards a seller with a decent reputation.

What is the state of the technology?  If it's a class A or AB amp vs a class D. I'd go used for the A/AB and new for D because that tech is still evolving.  DACs are a similar example.

Mark