How many people here generally buy used?

Just curious. Most of my equipment I purchased new. My Firstwatt J2 was a demo that I swear was new. Outside of a DAC where latest tech may be desired, buying used (if a fair price) seems to be a great way to purchase something you normally would not be able to afford. Of course, condition, care of component etc needs to be taken into consideration

Thoughts?
aberyclark
When I first started here, I bought almost all used and I had no significant issues or regrets.  Now, all my gear was bought new except for my amps, which were bought used and completely rebuilt by SMc Audio.  I have been patient and as a result received pretty good discounts on most of the new stuff.
You can get into a better calibre of equipment buying used.  I bought my amps used and paid about 1/2.... they were about a year and a half old and mint so it was a no brainer.....   

My latest component rarely appears used so I just bit the bullet and bought new...   it was a tremendous value for the money so no regrets.

My tuner is a certified used Magnum Dynalab.  Sent mine in for repair and got a generous trade in on a tuner I could otherwise never afford.  Again, simple choice.
60% (not including cables) was purchased used. Of the remaining 40%, 1/2, or 20%, were refurbished or open box but I still  consider then ‘new’, the remaining 20% new & non-refurbished.

I almost always look for any item I am considering used first, then will consider the used cost vs new when/if applicable.
I did buy my Harbeth Super HL5 Plus new, but I got a nice trade in (more than I paid for them) for my old speakers.  I have a couple of things I've bought refurbished, or open box.