WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think? 
jeffvegas
George Meyer told me to do NOTHING to the amp unless it breaks.

I wouldn't either, but the way you were talking sounded like you were going to. If you do then do as I said with the cap banks.

The 23.5 also killed a MACINTOSH mc402 . The sound of the 23.5 was far more open and detailed.

Of course it did, just about anything does. But the MC275 is a different story.

Cheers George
The engineers at MADRIGAL designed the 23.5 to last a LIFETIME. Which iN electronics terms is 50 YEARS.
Sorry but that's a bit of BS they told you, for electro's to last that long .

Cheers George
Caps have been tested at 70 years old and still held up. It's total BS to replace them unless they fail. I bet the repair shops love your money Georgie
Caps have been tested at 70 years old and still held up. It’s total BS to replace them unless they fail. I bet the repair shops love your money Georgie
You've been sold a furphy.
They dry out and loose capacity.
And I don’t do repair shops.
I just bought one with a mint exterior and an original interior. Still sounds good, but I'm going to pony up the scrilla to have it refurbished so the insides match the outsides. Legendary kick ass amp deserves a chance to drive a current pair of high current demanding legendary kick ass speakers. Cost is unimportant, we're all addicts here, aren't we?
 Good thing we still have two official old school Madrigal era service shops around.