WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think? 
jeffvegas
jeffvegas OP
George Meyer for a 2 grand fix,

If you do that, then for that price he’s replacing the electrolytic power supply caps (and all others).
Get him to replace the (high esr) big power supply caps per channel with banks of many 105c low esr caps instead, the amp will transform in the bass and speed of dynamics.

4 x of these would be great (120000uf per channel!!) 105c if mounted vertically in place of the big slow old caps, he may even be able to use the rectifiers on them or bypass them and use the original ML ones.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Assembled-6-10000uF-100V-Power-Amplifier-Power-Supply-Board-PSU-board-for-amp/312338006220?hash=item48b8cbc0cc:g:tEkAAOSwN2VZWzww

Or these even better from the same guy "if the voltage is high enough" for 160000uf!! per channel note they are all high quality Nipon Chemi-con 105c Capacitors
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-10000uF-80V-Class-A-Amplifier-Power-Supply-Finished-Board-AMP-DIY/253027197008?hash=item3ae998a050:g:4NAAAOSwWv5Z9sh2

Cheers George
George Meyer told me to do NOTHING to the amp unless it breaks. I wanted to replace caps etc. The tech there owns a 23.5 himself and told me to do NOTHING to the amp till it breaks. The engineers at MADRIGAL  designed the 23.5 to last a LIFETIME. Which iN electronics terms is 50 YEARS. It could be the best built amp of all time. 
The guy who bought it had a 532H. We compared both side by side. Easily apparent from the start the 23.5 just KILLED the 532H. The 23.5 also killed a MACINTOSH mc402 . The sound of the 23.5 was far more open and detailed. Even at close to 30 years old that amp still rocked. 
George Meyer told me to do NOTHING to the amp unless it breaks.

I wouldn't either, but the way you were talking sounded like you were going to. If you do then do as I said with the cap banks.

The 23.5 also killed a MACINTOSH mc402 . The sound of the 23.5 was far more open and detailed.

Of course it did, just about anything does. But the MC275 is a different story.

Cheers George
The engineers at MADRIGAL designed the 23.5 to last a LIFETIME. Which iN electronics terms is 50 YEARS.
Sorry but that's a bit of BS they told you, for electro's to last that long .

Cheers George