Religious music for less than devout

We have a thread " Jazz for someone who doesn’t like jazz. " In a similar vein perhaps "Religious music for the less than devout".

"people get ready" - Rod Stewart
"Amazing Grace" - Jessye Norman
2009 "Duets" - Five Blind Boys of Alabama, The - entire CD
1988 "Sweet Fellowship" - Acappella, the entire CD

In 1989 I was working in NJ, I may have been the only guy on the job who did not know he was working for the Irish Mafia. I would lend people the CD "Sweet Fellowship" and they were willing to pay for it but never return it:

"Here is $20 kid, go buy yourself another cuz youz can’t have mine back. Now don’t ever ask me again."

timothywright
@bdp24 I can't believe we left Dylan out either. Like Van Morrison he went through a Christian phase as well.
I'm not a big church goer but a friend said try City Church in Redmond and I went a couple times. First time the band came out to play I thought oh no here we go but then was really pleasantly surprised. Impressed, even. Quality musicianship, quality performance. Even the sound quality was quite good. This in a church with probably several hundred in attendance. Packed. 

As I say I don't go much and so the next time I went was more than a year later. The church had outgrown and moved to the valley where there was a lot of land by the golf course. The parking lot was so big they had shuttle buses. The church was so big they had three giant TV screens each one a good 20 feet high and from where we were you needed the screen. The place felt more like a sports coliseum or concert hall than a church. I mean it was huge. And packed. 

Its not a phase. The phase if anything would appear to be the time of thinking eternal truths will go away simply because you turn your back on them.
"Jesus is Just Alright" Doobie Brothers

I guess one thing you all don't know about me...... I'm a PK.
Yah Mo Be There - James Ingram and Michael McDonald
Just Be Thankful - William Devaughn
yes love Bob Dylan Saved and Slow Train those albums are great

i saw Blind Boys of Alabama about 10 years ago as they opened for Dr John I have never been to church but the BBA show was like I assumed a southern baptist church would be like They put on a fantastic gospel tinged show plUs they were all in their 80’s