Not much talk about Yamaha turntables.

I've been wanting to jump into the analog world for years, but for a lack of experience and/or knowledge about the equipment, I haven't. There's plenty of talk here about the big names in analog and I was surprised the other day browsing around somewhere that Yamaha has turntables.  Are these any good?  What do they compare to in terms of other more well-known analog names?  I'm not asking about their $8,000 models.  I will never be able to afford that.  I'm asking more about their sub $1k models.  

Thanks!
shtinkydog
@shtinkydog i see, i just updated my post above, more options for you, but $1k is tight budget, maybe step by step ? Technics SL1500c also available in black for $1200 (a complete system with built-in phonostage and cart) .......... or $899 Technics mk7 + better cartridge.
Chakster:  There you go, much better!!!! I'm not looking to build a reference TT.  First of all, I'm just getting into vinyl.  It's a whole new world for me.  I was reading about all the adjustments I might have to make and that's what turns me off, although I'm sure others live for this.   And secondly, I'm not looking to blow several grand.  I'm looking for a good, solid quality entry level unit.   I have no plans on upgrading whatever I decide on (that's what we all say).  So I want to get something decent and get it right the first time.  That's why I'm here, to get good solid opinions and advice.  
Had a PF-800 bought for $399 when TT's were considered dead. Sold some years later for $699. Bought a Linn. One item along w/selling a Forte 4A Class A amp I regret. 
I bought a Yamaha YP-D6 new back in the late 70s. Put it in a closet when I got my first CD player in ‘85. Fortunately I kept all my vinyl. Years later I got the old turntable out and spun some records. Couldn’t believe how good they sounded. Inspired me to upgrade to a Clearaudio Performance DC, and expand my vinyl collection. Still have the Yamaha table, it still works and sounds good, but doesn’t compare to the Clearaudio.