Time for the Dynaco to go, Affordable Integrated or Separates for Wilson's Under $2.5K?

Hi Everyone can it be done?, At the recommendation of a few nice members here, I decided to head in a different direction and find Pre-Owned separates or a nice integrated for my Wilson Audio Watt3/Puppy 2’s. The room is 20x25 but I stit close and do not play loud, I live in a Condo. I am replacing Dynaco MK3’s and like a Musical non-Analytical sound. I am like the idea of VTL, Mcintosh, Rogue, Hegel, and AR. But open to anything. The problem is my budget. How the heck am I going to make Wilson’s sing with so little cabbage. I would like to spend up to $1,000 for the Pre and $2,000 for the Amp. The less the better. Or under $2,000 for an integrated. I have no idea why I want to spend less on an integrated. HELP, I can’t decide. The members here are awesome! Kind and willing to help. All your experience is greatly appreciated!! John
128x128johnwahl
With your budget just buy an integrated amp.  Like Millercarbon I am big fan on Raven Audio.....An amp for any budget.

I did look at the sale going on at Underwood HIFI....based on what I saw you can definitely find something to meet your needs.

Good luck trying to find a MAC or ARC at your budget.  
To refurbish the MkIIIs:
Get the filter caps replaced. Replace the bias rectifier. Check the resistors- replace any out of spec. Check the tubes and replace as needed. if you want, get some good coupling caps- stay away from paper and oil caps  as they can develop electrical leakage that can mess with the bias.
I had a pair of MkIIIs for some years that I had rebuilt myself. I really liked them, but have moved on from tubes.

My only comment is that if you choose to move to something else, don't forget there is an active market for the old Dynaco gear. If they are still working, you might get somewhere south of $1,000 for the pair even if they have not been rebuilt. If they have been serviced within the past few years, you are at the $1K mark or plus. Factor that into your calculations when picking a new amp.
The "Manley Laboratories", "Stingray", would fit your bill. It's the ONLY integrated amp I would own personally. A great and "Award-winning", pre-section, built into an articulate and powerful, two-channel, tube amp. You can find them used/mint for about $1800. I was so impressed that I bought two!
 I prefer the older models without the "Dock". 
Hee hee, And the remote?  It isn't "Built like a tank". It "IS" a tank!
 You would have enough left over for a decent set of new valves as well!
Plus, "It really does look like an alien spacecraft"! 
(Pointed out repeatedly by a neighbors child)!
 Or from above a "Stingray", per it's namesake!
 Hmm, How come the "Snapper", and "Ahi" amps don't look like...….