Want to get into Streaming

I know very little about streaming. I did read a ways back in some thread to look up someone, he had a primer on the subject for someone like me, in my situation. Thank you for your help.
sabrejet
Post removed 
jeffjoeblob
... You don’t have to decide about resolution, etc. When you rip a CD, it’s automatically ripped to CD quality ...
You'll want to check your software settings rather than listen to this guy's advice. Every example of ripping software that I've ever used allowed ripping to lower resolution files.
Sabrejet - I got lucky and got into streaming 5 years ago - my journey atarted with the help of an audio shop - they sold me a LUMIN D1 for $2000. The LUMIN is a streamer and DAC in one box. The LUMIN software to run the unit is the best in the industry - IMO. I stream Tidal HiFi with MQA - the audio quality is top drawer. I just sold my D1 and upgraded to the LUMIN T2 (got it New in the box for $3600). Just show around .

this approach will save you a lot of headaches and get you to enjoying the music much quicker.

just my 2 cents.

There are several steamers with built in DAC's...one less box.

I have heard many but these two stood out (could have also have been the systems/room/lunar pahse)

Lumin T2. w/ Sbooster external power supply

Also PS Audio DirectStream DAC (on sale at upscale)