Solid core Versus Stranded Speaker cables

Ok for starters I have never tried a solid core Speaker cable until recently. I was very skeptical of the solids performance but I'm glad I tried it. As a matter of fact I tried it and found it to be the best cable I have ever used to date. After much searching, getting opinions from fellow audio enthusiasts and trial and error I happened upon a seller here on Audiogon, JW Audio who offered a 30 day in home trial period with full money returned, no questions asked and took a shot in the dark. That shot hit the bullseye dead center. After receiving the Cryo Nova 12 foot long cables, I was somewhat stunned when I seen the cable, it was nothing like I expected but I connected it anyway. Holy S....t did it make an immediate difference and it keeps getting better. My entire system (Krell) opened up like peeling the skin off a banana. Highs, lows, detail, soundstage, depth, clarity and details that I was missing were revealed. ( and I thought what I had was really outstanding )

Which brings me to the point of this thread. Not knowing what makes a solid core or a stranded speaker cable more desirable aside from the obvious flexibility issues I'm curious to know what my fellow audiocrazies use and why they prefer one over the other or if they even tried both. Anyone willing to give up their opinions on the pros and cons of solid versus stranded speaker cable? I will start that I am a convert to at least this particular solid core speaker wire and unless someone can better it with the 30 day free trial period I do believe it is here to stay.

128x128gillatgh
Luv my homemade 12 gauge solid core copper wire speaker cables - now in the freezer after the forum topic/discussion and the info from geoffkait. They sound great now - reevaluation to follow in a week or so...

chrisr ,  Usualy manufacturer use the same gauge for internal speaker cable.  Some use stranded 12 gauge.  Which one would be best solid or strand ? And which gauge would you suggest for a three way speaker.
chrisr , Usualy manufacturer use the same gauge for internal speaker cable. Some use stranded 12 gauge. Which one would be best solid or strand ? And which gauge would you suggest for a three way speaker.
I read that hardcore engineers and audiophiles agree on the fact that the best gauge to use is between 10 and 14awg for the least amount of resistance.
Also because most current tend to flow at the surface of a wire, multi strands are preferable because they offer more surfaces than solid core.  And it is  more flexible!

I have removed almost all stranded wire from my system. For the most part, it’s solid core copper with cotton dielectric. Stranded has a certain sound to it possibly due to strand jumping. The signal may arrive more smeared than compared to solid core since multiple paths exists for the signal to travel down. One of my first experiences with speaker cables was switching from stranded to solid core and being utterly amazed at what happens to the treble. Holy detail, Batman!