Cross-talk and distortion, chief soundstage contributors...

In my continuing effort to learn about the "chemistry" of sound, I have recently been informed that it is significantly low (vanishing) distortion and avoiding crosstalk that supply the key sonic elements for deep, broad, tall, etc. soundstage... this, of course, is independent of speakers, pre-amp, cables, etc. I'm focusing on the amplifier, alone... Again, the issue here are the fundamental (amplifier) qualities involved in soundstage. Can anyone add some dimension to what I'm learning in this...

Thanks in advance,
listening99
georgehifi6,991 posts

Thanks I understood how you explained it.

What about two preamps like a pair of C4s and two monoblock amps.
How is the phantom center created? Only from the source?

I could never get great stereo sound out of mono preamps paired with mono power amps. I never tried it the other way around, two mono preamps on a stereo power amp, though.

Regards

Post removed 

Trouble with that is there goes the sound of the owners prized dac, because now there’s inferior cheap digital stages in use in the signal path. Been down that dead end path, trying to do digital domain xovers, you ruin any class your prize dac had.    
That makes no sense to me. Most high end DACs have very good reclocking if not buffer and reclocking such that external jitter sources make almost no difference and even if it did, an <$10 clock source with a tolerable power supply is essentially jitter free. Way less issue than anything you would do in the analog domain.  It's no different from things such as external oversamplers, etc 
That makes no sense to me.

No it wouldn’t until you’ve tried it, too much converting back and forward, just like slotting in a digital active xover like a Deqx or mini DSP instead of using a very good analog active xover like the Pass B4.
Same deal all round, one becomes very sterile and digitizes’s sound, the other doesn’t and keeps the harmonic structure in tact. And the sound of your prized dac.