Which is better.

Looking to replace my Carver TL3200 CD player. The laser pickup is going out and the cost to repair is roughly $200.00. For that money i think it is time to replace it.

I am looking at an NAD C-538, a Marantz C-5005 ( refurbished) or a Marantz C-6006. All are in the $400.00-$500.00 range.
128x128jcipale
@jcipale,

I am happy you are enjoying your Emotiva CD player. My comment regarding the bright display was valid as the piece I had did not allow to dim or shut off display. Plus, the unit I had, XDA1 DAC was extremely bright and unlistenable to me after an hour as extreme fatigue settled in. You mention a crispness to the ERC4 so I guess their equipment is still bright. While you may like that presentation, many do not including myself. IMHO Emotiva is “pretend” high end. Good luck with the player
Post removed 
@stereo5 - crispness, imho, doesnt not mean bright. I simply noticed that there was a definite delineation among in the instruments.The light display I can sympathize with. I have seen that with some early units in Pioneer and Marantz in which the displays could burn your retinas out.
you know what you know. if it sounds good to you it’s good. the rest is white noise. have fun