How to remove ground pin on power cable

This is a power cable being used for my subwoofer. I have a ground loop currently. According to the manufacturer of my subwoofer, due to it's design, it is perfectly safe to remove the ground. Right now I do so with a cheater plug but I would like to avoid having to use it. The power cable in question is Oyaide Black Mamba V2

How easy is it to take a power cable apart and disconnect the ground? Is it best to do so at the IEC side or the pronged side? What is the process for doing this?

Thanks
nemesis1218
Just continue to use the cheater plug and don't mutilate an expensive cable.  If you want to get crazy, get one of Synergistic Research's "Quantum Tunneled" cheater plugs.
if your sub has a floating ground (i doubt it) then why did the manufacturer put it there in the first place. Do not remove it and do not break the earth pin from the AC connector.
Since the use of a cheater plug apparently eliminates a ground loop issue, AC safety ground is presumably connected within the sub.

On another note, I wonder if the manufacturer’s ok about defeating the AC safety ground was put in writing, e.g. in an email, or if it was stated verbally. Usually a company will avoid making statements that would create even the slightest risk of a lawsuit.

And on another note as well, given that this is a sub its housing is presumably non-conductive, which would reduce the risk of defeating the safety ground connection compared to doing so with a component having a metallic enclosure. However some subs have metallic heatsinks on the rear, and all of them have screws, connectors, etc., which conceivably could become electrified with 120 volts in the event of an internal fault, perhaps one that is eventually induced by the vibration that occurs within a sub coupled with a manufacturing flaw. And in addition to creating a safety hazard such a fault could potentially damage the rest of the system, depending on how safety ground and circuit ground are interconnected within the sub. The purpose of the safety ground, of course, being to cause the circuit breaker in the electrical panel to trip in the event of such an occurrence.

Regards,
-- Al

PS Audio has made power cords with removable ground pins in the past.  Not sure if they currently make them.  Sounds like the best bet is to get an electrician out to solve the wiring problem.
I do have to say it is fishy as hell for a manufacturer to use a 3 pin IEC connector, with a working ground and say it's removable.  As I understand it, to not require a ground pin you need the powered section to be double isolated.

I have a Hsu sub which has a 2 pin IEC connector. There is literally no ground pin there, and I can therefore use 2 or 3 pin IEC cables. That's the correct way to do this.

Post removed