XLR connectors

All created equal?  Plenty of options for single ended   Any appreciable, affordable upgrades?
thanks,
Russ
128x128benzman
I can’t recommend James Schmitt at Schmitt Custom Audio Cables enough. I have several Interconnects from him including the XLR pair I use for my Amp / Preamp connection. His prices are very reasonable for the level of quality you get. I personally use his Interconnects made with vintage Western Electric Wire from the 40’s and 50’s. Such a nice sound they help produce. Of course there are options for just about every preference. Here’s some links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schmitt-Custom-Audio-WE-Solid-24g-Black-Gold-3pin-XLR-Cables-1-Meter-1-Pair...
https://www.schmittcustomaudiocables.com

I design and manufacture cables. At the moment my favorites are  Neutrik and Oyaide. The Bocchino's are expensive and often difficult to work with, but they can sound really great. Furutec makes really great power connectors, but I shy away from the XLR's. Interestingly enough not all Neutrik connectors are available for retail purchase (or easily found). Be careful where you purchase connectors, there are a lot of counterfeit connectors.
Hello, 
I bought my XLR cables from EBay. I have tried several of their cables. They are from their older lines but they all did well in my system. Diamond Back, Red River, Columbia, and a silver version Mackenzie. I really like the Diamond Back which is the cheapest. I hated the Red River. Too much of a tin can sound. Mackenzie was good, but too bright and Columbia is my favorite but very expensive. I have a fully differential system. Regardless off it being XLR it does color the system sonically. If I ever get a YouTube channel going I will prove it. Diamond Back is about 125 for a two meter pair on EBay. 
The Vampire ones are a best bang for the buck xlr connector. Very high quality. 
I have 4 different brands of balanced cables, all with different looking connectors. I can't hear a difference in any of them.