XLR connectors

All created equal?  Plenty of options for single ended   Any appreciable, affordable upgrades?
thanks,
Russ
128x128benzman
If your equipment supports the Balanced AES standard, then neither cables or XLR connectors are going to be contributing anything significant sonically.
Provide good clean/tight connections and you should be good to go.
B
I agree with erik & bob! Also, unless you plan on replacing the chassis connectors on your electronics, it would seem pointless to plug a $100 xlr cable connector into the $4 Neutrik on your device.
I’ve used Neutrik, Oyaide, EIZZ, and Bocchino XLRs. EIZZ and Bocchino sound best, probably due to their solderless compression fittings.

BTW, my Atmasphere MP-1 preamp supports the Balanced AES standard, and better XLRs do make an improvement.
Neutrik is good as they are extremely cheap (like around $10 or even less).  However, they are very thin hollow metal conductors.  They are very good resolution for being a gold-plated conductor, but they have a bit of dry glare (due to low mass hollow conductors).

Furutech gold-plating is very nice and full, but warm with rolled off highs.

Furutech rhodium is the absolute best in my opinion.  Extreme amount of resolution, deep tight bass.  However, very expensive.