Jazz for someone who doesn't like jazz.

I've toyed with the idea of looking into jazz. Not sure why. Not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe just something to sound good on my system. I realize jazz is a broad category but much of what I hear I have not been attracted to. Don't ask me what I've heard.
What I'd like is a recommendation of two or three albums to start with. (I know that's insane)

And since I've given next to nothing to go on I'll point out a few things that I do like that might help narrow it down some maybe.

Jazz-like stuff I do like: Steely Dan. Almost all of their stuff. Van Morrison's jazz influenced stuff like Astral Weeks.
I like blues. Delta and hill country hard core blues.

I like a wide variety of rock from heavy metal, to prog rock to classic R&B.
Does any of that help? I know this is a crazy request but if I could get some recommendations I'll at least have somewhere to start. Not looking for specific recordings yet. Just content. When I find what I like I'll research the best recordings.
Thanks for any possible advice.
George

n80
The first two songs will get you going.  I use these two songs to demo my system.  What is nice about these two songs is the artists develops the them of the song gradually to make things interesting.  The waiting for the song to develop is what makes it exciting.

"Nasty" by Vincent Ingala 
Coast to Coast albumn

Watermellon Man by Herbie Hancock

"Like Someone in Love" by Diana krall

Yes good idea to spend some time with Ken Burn’s “Jazz” documentary and see where that might lead you. 
I am a jazz lightweight, but I can put on Earl Klugh or Peter White and listen all night. Realize this isn't Coltrane, but it's perfect for me. Possibly this would be a good introduction to the genre.
Gary Burton and Chick Corea:  Crystal Silence
Jim Hall Trio:  Live!
Django Reinhart with the Quintet of the Hot Club of France--any recording will do

I like that Ken Burns doc, have seen it twice, but it's not a simple thing as it is 18 1/2 hours long as I recall.  Just so you know...