Great country recording

Hi all, I am looking for some great country recording albums by various artists. Really like the sound of steel guitar, acoustic guitar, fiddle, and of course vocals. Any recommendations? Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
If you want a great Country Record with a bluegrass accoustic feel go out and get Will The Circle Be Unbroken by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.  
LWCL-51158.  Sounds great, 3 record LP.  The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band recorded this in 1972 and enlisted a bunch of veterans to play with them.  I guess this is more of a bluegrass record than country but my reissue sounds great.  There's some banter inbetween songs.  Its great.  Also, In a modern release, look at Sturgill Simpson first 3 releases.  
@bdp24  - As usual, you are a wealth of knowledge......

You are correct. Chip Taylor (brother of Jon Voight), did write "Wild Thing", which was a huge hit for The Troggs. Additionally, he also wrote "Angel of the Morning", which became a country hit for Marrilee Rush and later for Juice Newton.

I like the studio recordings by Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez. Great songs. However, the "Live at the Ruhr Triennale" is special, somehow exceeding the quality of the studio versions IMHO. It is a GREAT recording.......if you're into that kind of stuff.
bop, Karl Blau has my favorite version of That's How I Got To Memphis, on a classically-great (I mean that!!) recording titled "Introducing Karl Blau".

All covers, all wonderful wonderful songs, and wonderfully recorded.  

Highly recommended!!!
I'm not sure if you would call her pure country or not, but Lucinda Williams "Blessed" is a truly great recording, sound and music.