Dbx encoded discs

Is anyone familiar with dbx encoded discs? I have a single recording (Pictures at An Exhibition/Nigh on Bald Mountain), but there were other recordings made. I have not found a catalog though.
128x128jcipale
I had to go to Wikipedia to make sure you weren't making things up. :)

Never heard of it, but it would have been a good idea, IMHO.
dbx discs had to be played through playback software for the recording to play with the right dynamics. It was developed to compete with Dolby B on cassettes but it never really took off. When it was playing with the right playback level it could give startling results but many cassette player manufacturers would not take it up as they could not see the point in having two noise reduction programs. The one you have of the disc is even rarer because you had to buy a processor that went between your preamp and amp or in your tape loop and the processor would expand the compressed signal to give you pretty awesome realistic playback ( for the time ).
 I remember visiting quite a few audio shows and being treated to "Pictures" quite a few times in a night.
I have these three dbx encoded LP Discs:

dbx Recording technology Showcase Series   volume 1
Mark Levinson presents.....
a collection of individual musical instrument recordings and selections from jazz and classical repertoire

BOY WITH GOLDFISH
Heroic Fantasy for Soloists, Chorus and Orchestra
Based on the Hawaiian Legend Paintings of John Thomas
LEE HOLDRIDGE -- THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

RUTH LAREDO
PIANO
24 PRELUDES, OP. 11     5 PRELUDES, OP. 74      POEM, OP. 32, NO. 1
by ALEXANDER SCRIABIN

I am not into dbx or LPs nowadays.   For some reason I have two of each.  One of each still in wrapping.   Are they worth anything? 

Cheers

I’m surprised that DBX was used for noise reduction on CDs, since CDP, by design (CD standard), has its own noise reduction by pre-emphasis and de-emphasis. Each CD provides "flag" that can turn de-emphasis on, but it is almost never used. The main purpose of it was to reduce hiss of the analog tape, but almost all recordings these days are digital. DBX encoded CDs would have value only for somebody who either doesn’t care about the sound or has DBX processor.
Pretty sure we are talking about Dbx  encoded vinyl records here not cd.
Even though the terminology of disc might be misleading.
At least that was my take on it.