Equipment Rack - How important in the grand scheme of things?

I have a fairly nice system ($25K or so invested) but I am currently using a cheap rack bought off ebay (1/2" glass shelves with plastic cylinders between the shelves). My amp is sitting on a granite slab (left over from kitchen remodel) on carpet. My system is all solid state with no turntable. My rack is sitting on a tile floor over concrete slab. 

I realize that "everything matters" at least a little, but the question is - how important is the quality of the equipment rack compared to other upgrades I could consider? Have those of you that have switched from a cheapo rack to a nice one noticed much improvement (particularly with SS systems and no turntable)?

On a related note, one of my local dealers sells Solid Tech racks. Anyone with experience with these racks?

Thanks,
Jay

128x128jaytor
The right rack can bring a high resolution system to a new level of performance.My first rack was a Target then i upgraded to a RixRac which was much better.Now i have a Symposium Osiris 5 level rack with all copper legs with other performance options the improvement in sound is breathtaking.Enjoy whatever rack you like.
Thanks for the explanations millercarbon. Sounds like the BDR cones do have a substantive difference from the vibrapods in their design and materials to justify the extra expense. I’ll go with three per component as you recommend. Next I’ll read up[ on them some more tonight and may have a follow-up question or two after that research if you don’t mind.

By the way, Do you use the MK3 or MK4 BDR cones? I noticed those two types were sold on the Music Direct site. Thanks again,

Mike
Nice rack @ebm .
I prefer my concrete blocks. Only cost me $6 and the 3" maple top was $20 from a yard sale. Amazingly, after years of all sorts of racks, this sounds by far the best.
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/1593
Good luck with that if you think it is better enjoy.Oh well i over spent by 15k but it is only money.Nice vintage system enjoy it in good health.