Got big amp-help with 20A line and receptacle

So, I just purchased a Krell FPB 400cx, which I'm told requires a dedicated 20 amp line. Yes, I have read some Agon threads on running dedicated lines, as well as 20 amp receptacles. But they are mostly several years old and I am interested in some current basic recommendations.

I am not looking for the most expensive or esoteric setup, but do want to do it as best I can. The receptacle location is in the family room, which I estimate will require about 50-60 feet of cable from the breaker box in the garage.

So, at first all I knew was that I would be running a new line from the breaker box and that it would be grounded there. But some posters here and elsewhere stated that I should have an isolated ground installed outside the house and at least 6 feet from the existing ground. There were also suggestions around exactly which location IN the breaker box to place the new line and breaker.

We do have three refrigerators here, one in the kitchen, one in the utility room, and another in the garage. Of course, we we have all the other typical appliances in the house. One good thing is that, in my current setup with no dedicated lines, I don't hear any noise through the speakers unless I use the dimmer in the family room. So, maybe the power in the house is pretty decent.

With regard to receptacles, I've read various comments about the different brands, as well as the various effects of gold, rhodium, or other plating. To start with, I would like to try the most neutral sound I can get.

I did speak with two electricians today, and neither seemed to have much familiarity with the considerations for audio quality that I mentioned to them. Therefore, I would like some input on what to ask of them. If I am making this too complicated and harder than it needs to be, I'd like to know that as well. I would really appreciate any tips and input!
mtrot
Contact any of the makers of "audiophile" grade outlets (PS Audio, Shunyata, etc.).
What I did in a similar situation was to run 8 AWG wire DIRECT from the breaker to a Wattgate IEC plug and into the amp. I seem to be blessed with good quiet power here; I know what to turn off when I sit down to really listen to music and haven't sensed the need for power remediation. (We will be adding a whole-house surge protector soon, I realize that my amp is at a bit of a risk right now.) This may eliminate a few expensive pieces of the puzzle, like a receptacle and fancy power cord. A separate earth ground is fine but may or may not be necessary, in my opinion.

Regards,
Oran
Hello...why won't you try Hubbell hbl5362 w for (white)
I did replace my main AC wall outlet "Oyaide R1"by réceptacle Hubbell HBL 5362 w And i never got Back.
Once burnt in ...!!!..beleive me i replaced all my power cell P.S audio réceptacles by Hubbell HBL 5362w And i realy discovred the meanings of
Réceptacle ..clarity..Music...And it has nothing to do with what i have heard before...i am now listening to analogique Sound "seat & relax" i never got Back .
Cost less than 30$.... (I have no link what so ever with Hubbell ...i am just a happy audiogoner audiophile Customer...hope that help you.chahed
I have three dedicated 20 amp lines using #10 Romex for my current system.
I went back to one line terminated in a Furutech GTX receptacle for the power amps.
The second line is terminated in a Shunyata RPZ outlet and that powers all the front end, analog gear out of a Hydra 8.
The third line is terminated in a 20 amp IEC that plugs into a Hydra 2 which is then mated to my cd/sacd player.
All my power cords are Shunyata, except for my temporary DIY to the power amps.
Isolating the digital gear from the rest of the system is very rewarding.
Some might call this overkill, but it's working very well for me.
Hi Mtrot, I have a modded new Krell 700cx stereo amp, currently, I am useing a 20amp circuit breaker, In the next two or three weeks, I am installing a single pole 30 amp breaker when I install my Furutech GTX-D Gold recepticle, I have a 10awg 3/1 romex cable that is 65 feet or longer I installed my self!, I use the ground in my inside house breaker box, this is code!, a dedicated ground WILL sound better, however, do not do a dedicated ground, your breakers will NOT flip when you have a surge, or ect..., your amp does NOT need a 30 amp breaker!, 20 amp beaker is perfect for your 400cx amp, my info comes from krell them selfs, they want me to use a 30 amp single pole breaker so that my amp will run smoother, less heat, draw more current on demand, my sound stage will sound bigger and taller, and everything else, remember, all this is what krell swears too, they run my amp and the 750mcx amps on a 30 amp breaker thier at the factory, also, Do NOT run anything else on the same breaker-circuit as your amp!, Big no,no!, your amp draws way to much current to do so, I know, I have made that mistake, it was quite funny actually when I attempted to do so, any way, reply back to me when you can if you have questions, cheers.