Need help on McIntosh meters

Has anyone every had a McIntosh meter issue? I have a McIntosh MAC 6700 and my right meter hardly moves yet sound is fine on both right and left speakers. My McIntosh MX120 and my McIntosh MC206 meters all work just fine. Could this be due to volume being too high at some point that could cause this? Looking for some remedies, thanks!
128x128stretch76
Most likely the meter.  McIntosh is great on parts inventory and since this is not an old unit it should be readily available. The meter has a d'arsonval movement and are quite delicate not unlike a watch movement with a hair spring and two tiny pivots.  I have repaired meters on obsolete units other than McIntosh by GENTLY loosening the screw that holds the pivot in place by the smallest possible amount to loosen up the movement but this is in last resort extreme cases in obsolete units. You can try very gently tapping your knuckle once or twice on the meter face near the bottom center (this is where the pivots are) to see if it comes back to life without damaging the meter movement (contrary to what others say that do not have any knowledge of mechanics).  McIntosh meters are rugged.  Meters will go bad due to the oil on the pivots drying out due to age.
Thanks stevecutler tapping the meter didn't work, I will order a replacement meter, odd thing is moves, but very little compared to left meter.
If you are going to take the unit face plate off anyway to replace the meter, switch the right and left meters and see if the problem goes away r reverses. If switching the L & R meters does not correct the problem, then there is a drive circuit for the meter that may have an issue.  I am not that familiar with the later model Mc's (they are very reliable and seldom require service) but I know on the earlier models (up to 2255's) there was a problem with the meter display switch which could also cause this problem.  I would have to look at the schematic for this model. Be very careful when taking off the face plate so as not to damage the fluorescent display which has a ribbon connector and is very fragile. 
Careful talking about Discussing  thumping the meter dial near the movement, a well known member made fun of me for stating the obvious