Power Conditioners---old electrics in my house.

I have been using my trusted Equitech Model Q for the majority of items in my system-----primarily tube amps, pre amps (phono and primary) etc--

In need of some auxiliary pieces for cable input, video input, modem, etc-----have been using inexpensive 
strips, but feel the need to upgrade protection and any possible degradation of signal.

Noise elimination is essential-----seeking to protect signals and avoid degradation of sound.

Have run out of inputs on Equitech.

Thoughts?  One of the Audience products--Forte V 8 has been suggested--but it does not have surge or overload protection--odd.  A number of products on the market.

Suggestions?   I am space limited, so looking for best products in a minimal package.
bluesnbike1954
I just got a Audioquest Niagara 1200 and it works as advertised. Much quieter background from lower noise floor. Allows me to really appreciate the gear I have compared to before, and I really like them before I got the Niagara 1200.

I just didn't know what AC nasties were on the line until they were gone. It's a much richer experience. More convincingly alive, bordering on the seductive. No diminution of soundstage or loss of dynamics. No favoring of one part of the frequency over another. Filtration is done equally across all octaves, not just some.

After hearing it, I only wish I could afford the Niagara 3000.

All the best,
Nonoise
I have balanced power, a wall unit plus BPT unit. Really good but not what you're looking for.
What's Best Forum, My Clean Power Adventures by tMallen. Long but well written and concludes with a solution you may find attractive.
If, and only if, you have an old house with crappy wiring, or a non-dedicated circuit with other things cycl9ing on and off, AND have amps without something in the design to gradually fill the big filter caps, a power conditioner might do something besides lighten your bank account.  Spend the money on a electrician and put in a 30 amp breaker with number 10 wiring.
danvignau357 posts

04-03-2020
5:28am

If, and only if, you have an old house with crappy wiring, or a non-dedicated circuit with other things cycl9ing on and off, AND have amps without something in the design to gradually fill the big filter caps, a power conditioner might do something besides lighten your bank account. Spend the money on a electrician and put in a 30 amp breaker with number 10 wiring

Spend the money on a electrician and put in a 30 amp breaker with number 10 wiring
Good advice except for the 30 amp breaker size.

Nothing wrong with using #10awg wire as long as the breaker is not larger than 20 amp. The ampacity rating of the branch circuit cannot exceed 20 amps if 2 or more 15 amp rated receptacles are used, or a 20 rated receptacle is used.

Jim
Audioquest Niagara 1200 is probably the best value in the industry.  AC line noise is completely eliminated by this product.  Music to background is an obvious improvement.  Dynamics are improved.  It's like an entirely new (and upgraded) component was just added to the system. And you know what?  It was... I was amazed at what it did for my system.  To see for yourself how the background noise is eliminated, log on to the retailer site for Upscale Audio.  Go to the Audioquest Niagara 1200 and the owner (Kevin Deal) has a very good YouTube video that demonstrates the elimination of AC line noise.  He also shows you the internal workings of the product and provides a very full description of its total function.  Have fun!