Merlin TSM with Shindo 25 watt amp

Anyone using Merlins with Shindo amps? I am considering the pairing, but it seems somewhat uncommon. Anyone with experience with the amp/speaker combo? Bobby from Merlin is convinced that it would work. I have a mid-large size room and listen at moderate levels most of the time.
lowens
Hi there,

I'm running the Manley Stingray II, usually in triode mode which is barely 20 watts. My room is fairly large. This allows my Merlin TSM-MXr's to not only sound beautiful but also play louder than most people might like. I never get the impression that the amp is working hard either.
I've read about people using the same kind of power for the VSM's as well, so I can't see how this would not work for you.

Merlins can be seen here in my room...
http://GhostLight.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v14/p644580355-4.jpg

Cheers,

Rob
a, since i do not know you or your listening habits, i can only offer that i use a 20 watt ss class a amp in my livigroom. it is plenty for me in a 14 x 24 x 10 foot room. this is 3360 cubics and fairly large.
rob says they work well with his amp in his room and mitchell says no. he used the vsm's which are more efficient and room filling and he was in a smaller room. no one is going to be able to advise on this because it is very personal.
for as many that use 12 watts and say it is fine for them, there are people with 40 that say its too little.
good luck.
b
a, the 30 watt tube guideline was made 15 years ago and was relative to the products available at that time. today there are many lower powered tube amps that drive them very well. i should change the specification.
i use a fila which is 22 watts pure class a in a 8000 cubic foot room at the factory and it sounds imho, room filling and right. remember that the tsm is imp eq-ed and runs at 6.5 to 9 ohms which is very tube friendly.
nuff said by me.
best, b