verdier Platine or Nottingham Analogue hyperspace

I intended to upgrade my current TT Thorens 850
Those TT have two different sound ,but i like both.
I would like to read your opnion about those TT and comperson bettween them
(for Jazz and classical music)
Thanks
birdyy8
They are still in business ? The site looks like we’re in the 90’s again :))
I always liked the design of this turntable, i think La Platine Verdier model is beautiful.

But i thought they do not make any turntables anymore, mainly because of the site which looks like the last update was made 25 years ago (my impression and i’ve seen it before).

For example there are many Micro Seiki websites like this, but it’s just history of the brand, they do not make any turntables anymore.

So JC Verdier is still in business in your opinion ?
Reviews and information on that site is from the 80’s and tonearm on that turntables are from the same era like Audio Craft AC4400. It’s a time machine to the 80’s or what ? Did i miss something? 

It’s been my personal experience in this eccentric, analog part of the hobby; that the best and longest lasting companies do not need fancy websites. Just an email and phone number, and referrals.

And as someone who has been in the IT business his whole career, I would be very wary of any Audio Analog company that spent a ton of money on their website. I can give examples of products I own from an era when two channel performance was the main driver. Today, I am sure their marketing takes a good chunk of the budget.

Chakster - i think La Platine Verdier model is beautiful.

I think it is rather ugly. It is function over form. What is beautiful is how its’ design works and plays records. Effortlessly. And it doesn’t ask a lot for a special place to be made for it to live on. Its design has taken care of those needs too.

: )
The same with the humble Trans-Fi tonearm, it´s reasonably ugly, well to me at least, but it does the job, to get the music out of a record. Yes its beauty lies in design and functionality, not marketing hype with fancy websites full of beautiful photos and secondary information.
Just email Andrey and he will make you a new true high quality tonearm, using today´s technology yet simple machinist work, and completely a new thinking of a tonearm, for a reasonable if not a ridiculous price.
 Actually La Platine Verdier was in my radar years ago but for financial reasons I went for another solution.
@ct0517 

I think it is rather ugly. It is function over form.

La Platine Verdier  is definitely not ugly, especially in OMA plinth, it is absolutely beautiful. I think it's state of the art design. 

It’s been my personal experience in this eccentric, analog part of the hobby; that the best and longest lasting companies do not need fancy websites. Just an email and phone number, and referrals.

You forgot to mention a fax then.
It's not about something "fancy", it's about usability in the modern digital world, when people browse from mobile devices and order everything online to save the time, website can be very simple and almost fee (except the hosting). The time when designers charged too much for a website are gone, websites themes are free and ready to use, the owner have to upload his own images and text, this is very easy. 

The old school communication is OK when you're over 60, but when someone selling super expensive high-end gear and can't even manage a website it's kind of weird. Older people could easily ask their children to manage a website. There are some funny looking old school websites online from such old manufacturers, i bought my Yamamoto amp not so long ago, amazing amp, but company website is a time machine to the late 90's, look at this. I respect the reputation of the manufacturers, but they must think about their younger customers a bit too. Internet changed a lot since the late 90's and ignoring is not a good idea for business. 

This is a nice website from High-End manufacturer and here is another one.  Both are very simple and almost fee to do. 

chakster
Why are you showing us a car without an engine ?
the OMA link you show is a Plankenstein.
The Verdier concept and design has been destroyed.  

Harold - buying a turntable is like spending money on stocks; but turntables are much more predictable.
In both cases - especially if one is spending a tidy sum on a TT, one must look under the covers first. As this is a resonance vibration activity to generate a small signal, turntables follow the an iceberg analogy where two important areas (bearings/footings) not easily seen, need investigation.

Many spend serious money on turntables, which end up needing "further" significant money spent on what the turntable sits on. Then, the turntable stand and the substructure it connects to, needs to be looked at and dealt with .    
IMO - This is not a good way to spend money.