OMG, just removed my speaker grills and the sound just opened up to a new level!

My recently purchased Focal Maestro Utopia speakers look so good with their black front baffle and side and back Camara white, I couldn’t even think about removing the grills to hear what they sound like with them off. With nobody around to voice their displeasure to seeing those drivers I boldly went were no man, or in this case myself, said he would never go and removed the grills. Hello, said the speakers
this is what I really sound like. I might not be as pretty, but love me for what really counts, how I sound,
not how I look. I have to say I love them even more and they’re not looking too bad either! 
hiendmmoe
removed every grill on every speaker I’ve owned since 1987, and they all sounded the same on or off.

Cool story.
Vandersteen are designed to be played grills on 
Yep, had to remove the ‘socks’ of my 2CE Sigs while getting one of the acoustic couplers repaired. I know what they looked like without, but just plain ugly naked when seeing them for myself. Of course, some find them ugly anyway ;-)

But yes, Richard designed/voiced them with the socks on, as that is how they are inherently designed. I’ve grown to actually like them, regardless.

Funny, I’ve always left my speaker grills on, mostly out of fear of damage, and also dust, as I’ve always lived in older homes.