New Mark Levinson 5805 Firmware Problems

Greetings.  I'm new to this group.  I wanted to share my experiences.  I bought an ML 5805 that was delivered first week of February, 2020.  I updated the firmware to current version 1.47.  Upon doing so, the PCM digital filter choices "disappeared" from the amp menu.  Also missing was the decoding info provided when the Enter button is pressed.

Levinson customer support said no one else had reported this but me and seemed to try to "blame" it on me, asking such questions like, have I had a power outage, has the unit been moved, have I disconnected/re-connected wires, etc.  After being put through the wringer and providing them their requested information, they had me do a Config Restore to the previous firmware.  When I did that, the PCM filters and decoding info returned, but, if I customized ANYTHING in the amp (i.e. startup volume, offset, naming of inputs, etc) the PCM filters and decoding info disappeared again.  At one time, the amp went into Standby Mode and could not be awakened--it had "died."  This inferred to me that both firmware versions have bugs.

So, Levinson and my Raleigh, NC dealer (who has been terrific about this) provided a brand new replacement 5805 today.  The dealer's tech person installed it, updated the firmware, and, drum roll please...the exact same problems occurred with my new replacement 5805.  The dealer's tech said it appeared both firmware versions had bugs.  This so-called luxury amp has worn me out.  I am ready for a refund and a replacement product.  Does anyone have recommendations for a superb-sounding integrated amplifier for around the same price range +/-  $2K to $4K?
paulg24
Thanks for the update Paul, I am confident they will resolve the issues.
For now I have everything on default, and will not update FW... fingers crossed.
How do you like the unit overall? ... besides the frustration  
no_money, My main music source is a Naim NDX2 streamer, with a Naim Uniti Core (for ripped CD collection) as a server.  I'm auditioning the 5805's digital coax input with a borrowed Transparent Reference digital cable which sounds much better than my old Transparent Super 75 ohm cable, but unsure if it sounds as good as the NDX 2 DAC via RCA cables.
     The 5805 has so many types of inputs, one would not be concerned with, nor even see, the PCM digital filters if using one of the analog inputs.
     I like the 5805 a lot.  I couldn't afford high-end separates so I went with the integrated.  My replacement 5805 is still breaking in.  Aside from the frustrating firmware issues, the 5805 is a winner for me.
What is your music source and are you using digital or analog inputs?  And how do you like your unit?
Hi Paul,I am using a NAIM uniti core for a digital source, connected via a Transparent Ref as well.
Previous system was ML 332 and 326s and source was 37 transport in to a 360s dacMost of this was lost in a lightning strike. Pretty much the only thing that made it was the cables, amp, and speakers. Thank goodness for Allstate! I used the insurance money for the 5805 and sold the 332. I actually preferred the 5805.The 5805 feeds a pair of aerial acoustic 10T via Transparent Ultra mm2Analog source is MoFi ultra deck with Soundsmith MIMC star. Transparent Super G5 RCA to the amp.
You have some great equipment no_mo!  I have 18-yo Aerial Acoustic 7b's that still sound spectacular.  I'm glad to hear the 5805 can power the 10T's.  I have Transparent Super RCA interconnects I've also tried with the NDX2.  I may buy a din-to-RCA interconnect.  I've heard Chord Cables makes superior stuff.  I may post a question, Transparent vs Chord.