These seem a bit pricey $$$

Saw Steve Guttenberg’s review of the Credo 900’s the other day. I realize there is a lot more involved in the cost of a speaker than parts costs - labor, insurance shipping, dealer margins. OK, that’s called business. But 12K for these?
Just seems a bit out of line.
No, I never heard them.  Maybe they're worth it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj4C3swagpk
chayro
The Swiss have never (there must be exceptions) offered value for money. It's intrinsic to their culture. HDF is pricier but unless they're using the very best Teflon capacitors, wiring, Vishays etc. then the value is certainly unexceptional. The drivers are somewhat on the ordinary side too. No novel egineering. I don't think they care. They've developed a business model with likely a small group of dealers that allows a profit.  It's likely gravy on top of European sales.  It looks a touch cynical to most of us, but they've factored that in & can likely make money w/o bothering with as many pesky Americans, as they would otherwise. 
My engineering/cable manufacturing friend built his small stand speakers based on an old Aiwa platform which has a 12'  folded interior quasi-transmission line design.  It uses a similar soft dome tweeter and 4.5" mid-woofer.  It plays down to 25 Hz without power.  Low organ notes are heard but not felt (obviously).  Cost to build with custom crossover and cabinet is under $500.  It would be comparable to a $3500 to $5000 retail.  It has every bit as good sound as a Legacy Focus speaker but for the bass and that speaker retails for $10k+.  

I've also noted that Swiss made audio products tend to retail for twice as much as comparable products.  There is so much competition, I don't know how these boutique manufacturers stay in business without absolutely superior products for the money.  My friends' business is booming and he has stacks of orders for superior handmade patented cables at low retail price direct to customers (hence no 50% mark-up there).  His highest priced ($700-$1000) Pharoah line suffers though because when potential customers discover their low price, they balk saying that they must be inferior to high priced cables ($5K and up).  This is a common occurrence (despite the money back 60 day guarantee).   

Many audiophiles are just not wise in spending money to acquire quality sounding products.  Snobbery is rampant in this hobby.  
I think it is a good review.  Speakers that look plain need to be reviewed even more - if you judged by looks alone you would buy Spendor A4s.  One thing that good speakers do is to image well and that was Steve's first focus.  Would I buy them?  No way.  My experience of Swiss products in general is that they are good but always over-priced.  I only have a single such Hi-Fi product - a Daniel Hertz M6 Pre.  It is very good but with, as expected, a very high price.  
Post removed 
Swiss taxes and trump duty..

Shd v sound good tho, drivers are excellent. That doped rev midwoofer is the best 5.25" on market imo. tweeter I think is from SB.  But just not sure I believe the specs ie 89 db..