Cassettes still rock!

Played Dire Straits debut album last night - from a Maxell XL 2s cassette recorded from the vinyl over 30 years ago. Best sound I've heard on my system in months. I have the SACD, but doesn't have the organic sound from the tape/vinyl. Dig out your old cassettes! 
mcondo
Used an old jvc tape,deck for years in my stereo, and records.
once cd hit the market, cassettes were boxed. Still boxed in basement,
Mercyful fate, Kreator, schenker, Hirax, onslaught, motorhead, Raven, tank, spartan warrior, crossfire, bathory, pestilence, trust, satan jokers, Celtic frost, and about 40 others.

Most were played on my Panasonic rx-c45 little boom box.
 Miss being young! I’m sure we all do!

and no cassettes do not rock.
LP’s and cds’ are better.

but, you keep,rockin your cassettes!....enjoy

I picked up a cheap Akai Cassette deck from fleabay just because it is same vintage look as my Sanyo receiver in second system.
Gave it a good blast inside with Deoxit and played a tape. Not too bad.
Cleaned the heads and demagnetized them while I was at it.
But biggest surprise is recording on it and then playing that back.
I threw in a cheap but brand new TDK D tape and recorded a Brand X album off Qobuz.

I hate to say it as too many Debbie Downers around still but the recorded playback from this el cheapo deck is quite astounding.
Rivalled the original source at least in sq.

For $30 I am pretty pleased with myself!
On my high end system, I get very good sound from my live recordings on a Tandberg 310.  It's the pre-recorded tapes that sound mediocre at best (10 great out of 500).  So, if one desires to use their cassette deck instead of an Alesis Masterlink (CD) or Sugarcube (thumb drive to HD type digital storage) for recording off LPs, fine.  But I will stick to the ease of use and high sound quality of my digital recording devices over cassettes.
@mofimadness 
I won an auction for 21 Fuji tapes and they were just delivered.
Mix of FR Metal, FR-11 & FX-11.
All pristine.
Will see how they perform recording wise compared to my normal TDK SA tapes.