Bryston & Harbeths - Good Match?

I have a Bryston 4b SST2 amp and am looking to upgrade from my Vandersteen 2ce Sigs. I like the Vandy’s but I think they are a bit large for my 15’ x 18’ room.

I have been looking at the Harbeth SHL5’s and I have not seen much written about them with the Bryston. Does anyone here have any experience with this combination?

I am also considering the Totem Mani 2’s, Dynaudio’s and a few others. I really hate giving up the low end of the Vandy’s so I am looking for something that might come close in my small room. I really don’t want to go the sub route.

I am looking at used speakers and my budget is in the $2k to $4k range. Any comments and or suggestions are welcome. Oh, I listen to a wide range of music. From Diana Krall to Elvis Costello to Jimmy Buffett.

Thanks.
ben77059
Harbeths mates very well with quality mosfet amps till 150w (that is the biggest reason for positive feedbacks from Luxman,LfD and ohter similar amps owners) ,not so powerfull like your bryston.It might be killer amp for harbeth.
You'll read some sold on the bump-up to bigger watt amps. The rational I frequently hear is Harbeth's OK with lower watts, but big watts give Harbeth's more resolution, detail, and drive at lower levels. I have not heard this in practice myself but others hear what I do not. Listened to three models of Harbeth's with several big name muscle amps and four different LFD amps of between 50-200 watts over the past three years. Two highly touted 150+ watt amps I heard with C7's and SHL5's actually sounded inferior to several lower watt amps. I heard lower watt Luxman and Leben integrated amps (one tube, one SS) that I easily preferred over two (one tube, one SS) big watt amps with same source. Best recommendation as always is go listen yourself. Shameless plug: I have a lightly used LFD Zero III for sale at a steal price that has synergy galore with Harbeth Compact 7's, SHL5's, and their latest desktop size speakers.
I've tried the Brystons 3bsst, 4bsst and 3bst with the SHL5s and C7es2. They sound ok but there are better choices like the ones mentioned above.
The Brystons give a somewhat "hard" sound to the Harbeths.