Luxman d-08u vs berkeley reference 2 dac

Anyone have any experience with the luxman d-08u or berkeley reference dac 2 for cd or digital playback? If you were to choose one, which would you buy and why. Thanks for any insight!
aerialacoustics
One is purpose built SOTA DAC and the other one is primarily a transport with a DAC (albeit a good one)....is that even a fair comparison?

Having said that, I would go with Luxman as the sound lean towards warm side of neutral. Berkeley is more neutral and bit clinical sounding to my ears.
That what was I was thinking. Some people have discribed the luxman as sounding really refined, musical, sweet and never analytical. I have the berkeley alpha 2 and it sounds very musical to me but I do like a very sweet and nonfatiguing sound. Thats why the luxman appeals to me. Have you heard the luxman d08u? I worry about the overhyped advertisement that sets you up for dissapointment. And at such a high price for the gear, I worry about buyers remorse. Thanks for your input. 
I find the alpha smooth, but it's also a little cool sounding. Not analytical, but the opposite of warm.

I find the Mytek for me a better balance.

Best,

E