Vivaldi, played badly, is the worst classical music on earth

I thought I hated Vivaldi, the Four Seasons especially, but then I heard an absolutely sublime recording.... sadly I don't remember who the composer or orchestra was.
erik_squires
And on LP! Thanks Russ, another good Vivaldi recording by Podger is "L'Estro Armonico".
I'm glad you made this post Erik--i had forgotten a note i'd made to myself a few years ago about a new Vivaldi performance of the 4 seasons by Adrian Chandler who both conducts and plays the violin--it was intriguing because they used a 3 string violin which Vivaldi wrote for and was in use when the piece was composed--or something like that.  I ran across a review of it in the Gramophone Newsletter.  At the time i could not find it to listen and soon forgot--but now that i can stream i have discovered it on Tidal, MQA and since i haven't heard that music since my wedding 32 years ago i guess i can take it 😀   Here's a link to the review which i had sent to myself in an email and found again although i don't see any reference to the 3 string violin here but they do mention it on Tidal.
https://www.gramophone.co.uk/review/vivaldi-the-four-seasons-bassoon-concertos

And BTW, anything involving a violin played badly is the worst music on Earth--like nails on a blackboard !

hehe, I mean, I've heard a lot of Vivaldi which was just.... banal. Fatuous.

It wasn't like me pretending to play a violin, but it just all seemed boring and flat.
When I was a kid out of school in the summer, I told my Scottish grandmother I was bored .She turned her Glasgow laser eyes on me and said , "" if you are bored it's because you are boring .""

Best advice I ever got .