Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Satisfaction...

Just spent the last few hours listening to Tidal MQA streams of Dexter Gordon, John Coltrane, Kenny Burrell, Thelonius Monk and others...and I didn't listen to the equipment so much anymore, I just listened to the music.  And that music was so right...timbre, pace, rhythm, tone, timing, nuance and brilliance...that I suddenly realized I had built something that I am completely satisfied with.  That I was more in a place where making any change would worry me that it could be one that detracts or worsens...that here, right now, I was truly happy in this space.  A realization that the dream I had when I was 15 years old of one day, owning a real "audiophile" system had finally come true.  

Or, it could be just stir craziness creeping in during these crazy times we live in...who knows?  But damn...the music is so, so good and it sounds incredible coming out of this thing I put together!  Satisfaction indeed...

Hope you are all well and are staying safe!

Arvin
Arvin - what a delightful lyrical moment to share, when things are 'just right'. Since such moments are so rare, I would appreciate, as might others, knowing the particulars of your rig, your room, and your reflections about how you arrived at this lovely place.
Hi @tomthiel,

The core of my system remain the Thiel CS 3.5's being fed by two Audio Research D240 MKII solid-state amps (in bridged-mono configuration), with Audio Research tube preamps (LS7 line-stage and PH3 phono).  The source I was streaming Tidal from is my Bluesound Vault 2, which has a MQA-capable DAC built-in...most of the files I've been listening to lately are MQA-encoded tracks.  As before, my listening area is on the smaller side, probably 14'x10', but thanks to your help, I think I finally was able to nail down my listening height issue...my ears are now about 30"-32" from the floor, depending on how far I lean my chair back.

I came to the feeling of satisfaction from two different vantage points...one practical, the other emotional.  On the practical side, I finally got the feeling that, if I could never try another/different/new component in my system, I would be okay with it.  That I finally had a system that satisfied me with not only how it sounds and how it performs, but also gave me great joy in owning it, great pride in the time and effort it took to acquire the right pieces and put it all together.

From an emotional standpoint, it was the realization that I was no longer listening to music...I was experiencing it.  When one listens to the greats...be it Miles Davis or Dexter Gordon, Van Cliburn or Horowitz, Clapton or Page, Pet Sounds or Sgt. Pepper's...you should feel wonder and amazement, of feelings that go beyond simply listening and to the emotions that these great artists, and others like them, have when they perform.  That's what I had...that's what I finally understood...that for me, Hi-Fi meant feeling the music on an emotional scale more than anything else.  And, the only way I got there, was because of this beautiful, seemingly perfect combination of metal, wood, wire and current that moved air in such a way that it stirred emotion.  I was satisfied, because I had come to understand what this wonderful hobby meant to me.

Could it be better?  Sure...I would never delude myself with thinking that it couldn't.  But, the more important question I asked myself was, "Did I need it to be better?"  And, without hesitation, I am happy with knowing that right now, no...I'm pretty happy with where I'm at!

So, Thank You Tom and everyone else for your help, guidance and  knowledge.  And I hope that this finds you and yours well and safe...

Arvin
Arvin, 
I think you've expressed the real joy of this hobby.  The personal satisfaction of a carefully crafted system, where the pieces have been assembled in a pains taking fashion over time, in many cases over many, many years.  The special bliss when the synergy is there to be had and the gear and the music all come together and magic happens.