Turntable Mats: Rubber, Felt or Cork.

I have a Linn Basik Turntable with an Akito tonearm and Rega Exacta 2 cartridge. Would one expect a noticeable sonic difference when changing from a felt mat to a rubber and cork mat?
joscow
A little churlish of you Chakster.

Especially as you have NOT tried one.

Slaw has quite a number of happy customers right here as well as external sales.
@joscow,

This may be as good a time as any....

The type of mats you listed are just off-the-shelf products cut in a circle with no actual thought behind them. Anyone can go to a craft store and find these materials and go home and cut out a decent circle. These range in price of 20 to 30 $. Now there is a rip off!

My MyMat has actual thought and testing behind it. It may not look like a $250.00 mat and on up but the proof is in the pudding. The fact that one MyMat is just around 1mm thick is very significant given the construction and effect it offers.Even using two, which more than doubles one MyMats’ positive contributions to one’s listening experience, at $99.00 is a steal. It will actually improve the sound of any existing mat one may have.

As you may have read in the Member Reviews section, I am not in this to make a buck. I really developed it as a labor of love for the (hobby) that I love so much. (much more than a hobby to me).

I was tempted to offer @chakster a deal but his preclusion to determine the effectiveness of a product based upon a glimpse of it, is a no go.

Peace,

Steve

I like my sorbethane may.
All you should do is try different ones on your rig.
@fuzztone,

Have you tried others?

Sorbothane traps resonances, very similar to rubber, Not good!.

I am sorry, but i would never even try any mat that looks like that one in the ad. And i would not use such mats even if it’s claimed to be superior to $400 mats, because i own those $250-1200 mats and they are just great.

I think it is also important how a seller represent his product for his customers, i hope my criticism will help to improve it, nothing personal here, just a good advice.

This is DIY product, very simple, in my opinion with very high price for a piece of something that looks like a 5 year old kid just cut it for fun. That was my first impression, today i just checked again and i have the same feeling. 

Again, nothing personal here, if someone like then it buy it for $49.

I do not sell Sakura Systems THE MAT and i am not related to that company at all, i bought THE MAT for $250 + shipping and i can highly recommend this mat here on audiogon, because it is a top quality product even after i have compared it to gunmetal mats that cost over $1k. Boston Audio designed first 2 versions of the mat.

For $250 it’s the best buy (imo).