Turntable Mats: Rubber, Felt or Cork.

I have a Linn Basik Turntable with an Akito tonearm and Rega Exacta 2 cartridge. Would one expect a noticeable sonic difference when changing from a felt mat to a rubber and cork mat?
joscow
When I had a P3-24, I replaced the felt mat with a Herbies Mat. Very nice inexpensive upgrade.
@joscow,

First, thanks to those who mentioned MyMat.

While MyMat isn't as inexpensive as cork, felt, and....I can't bring myself to say r_bb_r,...... it will best those easily and most other mats at 4 times the price.

Check my ad on US Audio Mart. Also, check out the post under Member Reviews here.

Thank you,

Steve (Slaw)
rubber, cork or felt mat is a waste of time, they must be replaced with a proper mats if you want to hear the difference.

you will find tons of reviews about Boston Audio graphite mats and the latest version of BA mas is The Mat by Sakura Systems.

Boston Audio has been known for their pure carbon graphite turntable mats and insulation accessories, many of them received rave reviews and awards worldwide.

After some hiatus period, Boston Audio has teamed up with SAKURA SYSTEMS and now proudly introduces "The Mat", the culmination of our experiences through developping Mat 1 & 2. By incorporating different carbon graphite material, we successfully achieved the identical performance of Mat 2 with less thickness (4 mm) and the reduced price.

diameter/293mm
thickness/4mm
weight/454grms

manufacturing tour is here

P.S. I have some of the best metal mats like Micro Seiki and SAEC and last year i bought my first Sakura Systems The Mat, been using it and i must say this is a great mat! 

Unlike many other mats The MAT looks great on turntable platter! Here is the only picture of The Mat i took with Grace Ruby on it on my platter.