Moving tube equipment

I will be relocating some tube based amps soon. Since I'm doing the packing and driving (about an hour and 15 minutes) any thoughts on just leaving the tubes intact and packing carefully so the units cannot shift.  After unpacking just check to make the tubes are still properly seated.  The amps are not auto biased so having the right tube in the correct socket matters.  Yes I'm just being lazy and would rather not pull the tubes and mark etc....
Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xdeadlift
@wolf_garcia you forgot the inevitable beer spilled on the amp as well... they aren’t that fragile...

However, Miller is right about cleaning all of your connections. That can make a significant difference if it’s never been done. All metal surfaces will eventually corrode to some degree, which can really make a difference in SQ...
Some tube amps come new in box with tubes installed, like my Line Magnetic for example… 
As long as you rap them carefully, with cage installed, they should be fine 

volumizer
18 posts
03-19-2020 11:25pmRussian fighter jets didn't work well without their tubes installed while on the move.

>>>>Plus Russian fighter pilots complained they couldn’t pick up American rock & roll stations.
What a load. There are zero issues with transporting your tube amps in the car for an hour or so. (Any defensive/evasive driving maneuvers excluded.) As a precaution, after you have them located/placed in their new environment it wouldn’t hurt to check that all of the tubes are firmly seated.

Don’t forget to crack the window so your amps get some fresh air and enjoy the ride.