Fairly new to streaming. Where to start?

$2k & under budget

Aralic Vega has streamer  and DAC. May be the easiest start?
Then there is Schiit...Yiggy or Gumby...which streamer?
Ladder NOS dac? Or Chip? I'm old. maybe I'll like the old school DAC?
Then there is  Benchmark DAC 3...I think it has streamer?
Then
Exasound E32
Audio Mirror?
Metrum
MHDT Orchid
Border Patrol?
Musical Paradise?
Whats a newbie to do? I am a classic rock fan with lots of FLAC & M4a files. I like detail & PRaT. Love a good bass line. I also play some 70's jazz. I have a Theta Miles CD player from the 1900's & play a lot of vinyl too. But I need to come into the 21st century.  Besides, I will probably become tired of the vinyl ritual and work at some point as I get older. I think I have done enough homework to be somewhat confused. Maybe the biggest question in light of how fast digital changes is the question of streamer with DAC or separate Streamer and DAC. One other question is the streamer & bridge the same thing? OK Thanks!! 
128x128artemus_5
Check out the Bel Canto eOne Stream. Has a built in DAC but can be used with an external DAC as well. Includes Bel Canto's Seek App that is also very good. Excellent sound quality.
I second the Bluesound approach - excellent app then you can upgrade the DAC. Lumin D2 has a far less friendly app, does not have an antenna, and support from Lumin at least in the USA is non-existent. The access to all the streaming radio stations in the world will be a revelation. Tidal on the internal Bluesound DAC is pretty darn satisfying for all but those who sit in the perfect listening position imitating Jonsey from the Hunt for Red October.
If you're looking for a way to try out streaming, consider the Sonos Connect (which you could probably pick up for cheap on eBay these days.)  I'm using it as a Roon endpoint and feeding the digital output directly to the (way higher quality) DAC in my HK990 integrated.  Streaming TIDAL and my own HDTracks content from my NAS, the results are really good.
Lumin U1 mini with a MHDT outboard dac.  This pairing provides good sound quality, the Lumin app is super easy with ios and android.  Best of luck.
I second the Bluesound approach - excellent app then you can upgrade the DAC. Lumin D2 has a far less friendly app, does not have an antenna, and support from Lumin at least in the USA is non-existent. The access to all the streaming radio stations in the world will be a revelation. Tidal on the internal Bluesound DAC is pretty darn satisfying for all but those who sit in the perfect listening position imitating Jonsey from the Hunt for Red October.

Let me start by saying I don't own a Lumin, so that I'm not perceived as a "fanboy".  My TEAC NT-505 can use the Lumin app.  I agree that the Lumin app is not that great.  The Bluesound app is really good and one of the most compelling reasons to go with Bluesound. 

I am using BubbleUpNP instead, which cost all of 5 bucks to get the ad free version.  The one thing that BubbleUpNP won't do that the Lumin app will (as far as I know) is stream internet radio stations, including Radio Paradise (which is the best of them IMHO).  You can always switch back to the Lumin app to listen to internet radio.  I have both on my phone and tablet.

The difference you'll hear between a really good DAC and the very decent DAC in the Bluesound has more to do with the quality of your other components than your listening position.  The difference between the sound of my TEAC and the Bluesound was more than subtle.