Dedicated 20 amp line

Just before all this craziness began, I had a dedicated 20 amp electric line installed along with hospital grade wall outlets. I am amazed at the improvement it makes..tighter, cleaner better defined sound. The cost was $1200 and that was for an all day installation without shopping around and in an expensive area. Really a bargain considering the difference it makes. My KEF Reference 5 speakers have never sounded so good. I’m not sure if everyone will experience the same amount of improvement but I highly recommend trying. Nice to have this for the long days to come.
fast
I ran an 8 gauge cable direct from a 20amp breaker to a L5/20 and yes, it's a solid improvement. 
Good suggestion about the whole house surge protector.  The electrician who installed my dedicated line recommended this and it made sense so I also had one installed.  I live in the
San Francisco area where our power company is shutting down electricity when there is a high wind or any other potential fire hazard (or maybe sometimes just to punish irate consumers).  When the power comes back on, you risk a surge which could damage refrigerators, computers, televisions and many other expensive things in addition to audio equipment.  
Good move springing for the whole house surge protector. I had a subpanel with two 20A lines installed, but that's all my budget allowed.

My electric company installed a whole house suppressor at the meter which costs $6 a month. If any of the electronics in the house get damaged from a surge, we get it replaced. Last 2 houses we built, I had them install 4 20 amp dedicated circuits for my dedicated audio room since it’s very cheap when the house is being built.