Do audiophiles have a high divorce rate?

Somebody told me yesterday that a study that looked at personality traits of people who got divorced found that people who were picky and difficult to satisfy were over-represented in the divorce population.

That got me thinking: picky and difficult to satisfy -- that doesn't sound like any of us, does it?

From your observations, do you think that audiophiles might have a higher divorce rate than the general population because of certain personality characteristics?

Just hoping my hypothesis is wrong.

Michael
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsufentanil
been married 46 years, to the same woman.

was into hifi when we got married, but kids and boats and family-focus put hifi to the side for for 20 years until the kids were gone. since 1994 i've been a serious audiophile, and it has worked for my marriage.

i've had audio club gatherings at my home a number of times; a few times guys have said to my wife how lucky your husband is to have such a supportive wife; her response is always "don't confuse support for understanding!"

she understands me. :-)
14 years + for me!

The only rules are that I have to make the system easy enough to use so that she can enjoy it if I am not around :)
Celebrating 45 years of marriage in May. My wife loves her pop music and keeps up with the latest musicians. I do not. Although I really like the new Nadia Reid LP Out Of My Province.
 Our musical tastes differ completely. She now takes photos of my equipment rack to make sure nothing new arrives. LOL.
 Have always had a good stereo, she puts up with me.
We are going on 40 years, I enjoy listening on my high-end system in the "man cave", my wife enjoys Spotify on her iPad in the living room, kitchen and garden, and I'm good with that!